Translate

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A hand in writing

Well, since I need to figure out that scanner, I decided to try out my hand in writing-
Okay, here we go.

 
Out in a place called Shiloh Hill,
Everything was good, life was still.
The creek was clean, 'Twas clear of mud;
But ever rivers get stained in blood.
 
I was wading and standing in the creek,
while the sun was climbing Shiloh's peek.
The creek was like crystal, free of dirt
But there, men died; familes were hurt.
 
'Twas there in Shiloh, under the sun-touched sky,
Brother versus brother; death on both sides.
It all went opposite of serene
As cannons and musket fire filled the scenes.
 
I was standing there, on Shiloh Hill.
Now all is good; all is still.
And the creek is clean, clear of blood.
But once that river was stained in blood.
 
 
 
Well, tell me how you like that- it`s a project for ELA. Bye!

 

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous08:48

    That's pretty good!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:28

    Oh... that's poetic. It made me cry.
    It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great poem. Definitely reminds me of the Battle of Shiloh during the Civil War. You've inspired me; now I wanna go and write some poetry! (Haven't done it in years!)

    ReplyDelete